By the end of August 2021, Procter & Gamble and the Magnit retail chain will install 100 eco boxes to collect soft packaging from care products (shampoos, hair balms, liquid soap, etc.) and used toothbrushes. The containers will appear in Magnit Cosmetic stores in Moscow, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg and St. Petersburg. The collection of packaging will last until January 15, 2022.
The collected packaging will be handed over to the partner of the EcoTechnology project for processing at the Tver Secondary Polymer Plant. The plastic will be used to make new products: toothbrushes will be recycled into ballpoint pens, and soft packaging will be used to make decking.
You can find the nearest Magnit Cosmetic store that participates in the promotion on the navigator map +1Gorod, on the website or in the mobile application. Also, using the platform +1Gorod, you can get a discount coupon for shampoos of P&G brands in aluminum packages, replaceable blocks for them or electric toothbrushes. To do this, you need to download the mobile application +1Gorod and in the block with the task "Give plastic a second life" upload your photo of the collected recyclable materials against the background of the eco-box.
What can be donated as part of the promotion?
· Toothbrushes (all except electric and wooden).
· Doy-packs: soft packaging of care products with any marking, except for composite (for example, C / LDPE, C / HDPE).
· Tubes from cosmetics labeled 7 OTHER
Cannot be returned: soft food packaging and toothpaste tubes, as they often contain metallization, which affects the quality of the final processed product.
How to prepare packaging for recycling?
· Use the product to the end.
· Rinse, but you do not need to clean the packaging until it squeaks.
· It is best to cut the tubes, this will help to use the leftover funds.